Sunday, October 15, 2017

North East Watercolor Society 41st International Exhibition

(C) 2017 Dale DiMauro

Today was the opening reception for the North East Watercolor Society's 41st International Exhibition. My wife, mom and I traveled down to Kent, Connecticut from Vermont to attend the show. Kent is a lovely, rural area to drive through with much history to be found.

I was eager to see my watercolor hanging on the wall alongside many great paintings. I was hopeful to possibly win one of the many awards handed out, even if a modest one, indeed. However, that was not to be the case this time.

Out of four hundred plus entries, one hundred eight paintings were selected for the exhibition. I was one those artists who made the cut. You can see my painting in the background, titled 'My Brother'. On exhibit are paintings from China, Singapore, India, Taiwan, France, Canada and many from the northeast. In addition, there are paintings from the mid-west and even Oregon.

The exhibition is open to the public through Sunday October 29th at noon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment