Wednesday, January 2, 2019

New landscape horizons

(C) 2019 Photograph Dale DiMauro

As 2018 came to a close, I figured it was appropriate to thoroughly clean my palette for the New Year.  During this cleaning I realized it was a great opportunity to improve the layout of my paints as certain pigments are used more than others and thus, can be better located. As a result I have not painted much the last two days.

At the same time it dawned on me with this recent string of sunny days, I had taken some good photographs of the landscape. I keep thinking about these photographs as the Vermont landscape is stunning at this time of year with or without snow.

In this photograph, I love the character of the arched tree with its red buds, the swirl of grass and the distinct blue mountains in the distance. Clearly, it's worth getting outside into nature and putting aside that electronic device you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment