Sunday, January 15, 2017

The New Minority Whip

(C) 2017 Dale DiMauro.
Photo credit: Marco Grob


Drawing the human face and figure is endlessly fascinating for me. The range of expressions, postures and individual characteristics from the color of the eyes to the shape of our noses is so varied. 

As much as I like to draw the human face, I also enjoy experimenting with various papers and pencils. I find myself wanting to draw on a larger scale all the time. I have drawn faces in pencil, charcoal, crayon, conte' and watercolor.

This drawing was done in my new reclining leather chair while watching the latest Sherlock Holmes episode on PBS. With new faces on the scene in a new administration, whether we like it or not, there will be new subjects to discover in pencil. 

This drawing was inspired from a photograph in a Time magazine issue we have had sitting in our living room. When I recycle magazines, I periodically cut out photographs of interesting faces as a resource. 

No comments:

Post a Comment