Sunday, September 6, 2015

Art in the Park

(C) 2015 Dale DiMauro

This is my booth set-up for Art in the Park in Keene, NH, on Saturday, September 5th & Sunday, September 6th. We had fabulous weather, even though it got hot late in the day, on both days. We were able to keep the tent, with our new display panels and tent weights, in place on Saturday night, which saved us time and labor. The tent weights, long white cylinders, one of which is visible in the photograph above, worked out well. I had spent the better part of two days mixing cement and constructing these weights so the tent and art within them would not blow away.

I had about thirty framed watercolors on exhibit. My wife and I spent time trying to keep these watercolors out of the direct sun by installing and pinning up the sidewalls at various times. I received lots of positive feedback on the work and the professional appearance of my display space. We had a good steady, stream of viewers through the day, on both weekend days. We met and talked to many fellow exhibitors as well as other artists and art lovers who passed through. We learned a lot during the event to draw upon for the future, but we are certainly glad to be done for now after two very long days.

(C) 2015 Dale DiMauro

No comments:

Post a Comment