Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Can you hear me now?

(C) 2016 Dale DiMauro

For some time, I have been eager to paint an individual walking his or her dog while talking on their cellphone, which is such a common sight. Unfortunately, I have not come upon someone to pose for this role as of late. My wife snapped this picture of me a couple of years ago while we were on a short hike near our home. We did not have cell phones, but the pose is suggestive of a call.

I painted this watercolor with a looser approach, which to me reflected the character of the field. As far as the color scheme, I was drawn to the green with the red which is its complementary color. I like the warmth of the field against the distant treeline. There is much variation within the landscape elements such as the trees and grass which I find rather pleasing. I am attempting to get better at painting figures so I can drop them into a picture when I feel they may improve the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment