Wednesday, December 6, 2017

More progress................

(C) 2017 Dale DiMauro

For some time, I have been eager to paint an urban scene. The setting, believe it or not, is downtown Brattleboro, Vermont, right after a parade passed through. I took the artistic license and omitted other people from the scene. The white shirt brings out the dark complexion and vice versa, which on watercolor paper is stunning. In addition, I find the high-top shoes and the man's posture captivating.

For me, this is the point in a painting, at least, when the scale is significant, where the progress is exciting. Besides the figure, there is something compelling, about the background, with all the various surfaces in their differing shapes, textures and coloration.

The textured wall above the sidewalk, has lunar black, a color I have been experimenting with, which I wrote about in a previous post.


No comments:

Post a Comment