Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Latest landscape

(C) 2018 Dale DiMauro

Is Winter coming or going here in Vermont? It certainly has been cold. However, much of the snow we had last month is no longer with us. My wife and I did in fact, skate on the retreat meadows earlier in the day. We thought the conditions were great. The sun was out when we got there too.

This watercolor was started when we had more snow than we now have. I like the atmospheric qualities of this scene. There is an eerie quality in this watercolor which I find appealing. 

Often subtlety in the landscape speaks volumes. When there is a soft change in color or the edges of elements are less defined often make for a memorable landscape. When I think of these qualities the paintings of George Inness comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment