Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Another skinny watercolor

(C) 2018 Dale DiMauro

This watercolor was inspired after going on a local paddle. After all, this hot summer has put me on and in the water more often than most summer seasons. 

As you can see I am continuing to explore all kinds of landscape formats. With the length of day decreasing, I have observed the shadows moving in, earlier across the landscape. This seems to make for increased color saturation.

At the same time I have been painting with larger brushes, bigger sheets of paper and a more natural approach. In particular, I like the shadow across the shoreline which makes that sliver of green pop out. The warmer vegetation in the middle provides some depth to the shore scene. 

Unfortunately, the paper would not lay flat when taking the photograph, which makes the painting look smaller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment