Sunday, December 22, 2019

Winter Landscape

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

This week, at least in Vermont, we experienced our first true cold snap. The temperature dropped, any snow underfoot became crunchy and it required layers of clothing and time to exit the house.

Earlier in December I decided it was best to attempt one plein painting per week throughout the Winter. I made a list of potential locales suitable for plein air painting. All of these are from the comforts of the indoors. In reality I could paint interiors or landscapes when situated looking through a large window. Possible sites include any of the local libraries, my own house, or a local cafe etc.

This watercolor I did the other day during the cold snap from a window in our house. No reference photographs were taken or used. Naturally, with plein air painting it had to evolve rapidly or the daylight would leave you behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment