Sunday, July 3, 2022

Brattleboro Retreat Farm

                                                                            (C) 2022 Dale DiMauro


Last night my wife and I walked down to the Brattleboro Retreat Farm to see a play performed outside. It was a beautiful evening with an interesting cloud pattern and striking sunset.

The play we saw was Carlo Goldoni's The Servant of Two Masters. It was a production of the Vermont Theatre Company.

While we watched the play I painted this scene en plein air from one of the picnic tables on the grounds. I did the best I could in the window that I was working in. 

The general public always feels entitled to see what you are working on. Which is fine and I am comfortable with as long as they don't interfere with the painting process. Of course, in watercolor unlike oils, you have to keep going because once the pigment dries you really can't modify your painting much.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment