Wednesday, September 2, 2026

The Maine Coast

(C) 2026 Dale DiMauro
 

The Maine coast is a distinctive landscape. The smell of the sea life with the crashing water and rocky shoreline is unmistakeable.

I painted this watercolor over two sessions. It is a sort of postcard, as I didn't get to visit Maine this year. I know many other people who couldn't afford to go to Maine this year, too.

The original inspiration was as a cloud study as the sky is so varied. However, the water and rocks are really captivating. Even the shadows within the rocks are descriptive of the the overall shoreline and the life that is hanging on, in the pools and eddy's of the changing tides.

The drifts of mist coming off the ocean is a quality I only attribute to watercolor. The importance of using a mister, and when, is of great importance, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment