Sunday, May 1, 2016

Heading out

(C) 2016 Dale DiMauro

Last fall I did some paddling after the summer season ended, when we had a run of beautiful clear days. The colors of nature were vibrant and the shadows were distinct. This inspiration fueled the subject matter for this painting.

I have been working on this painting of late in fits and spurts with no consistency. However, the taste of the warmer weather has gotten me charged up to both get out and kayak and finish this painting. Every wash of color seems to add a layer of dimension to this scene.

I was attracted to the warm, transparent color of the boat against the blues of the water, which naturally, are complementary colors. In addition, I like the cool colors of the evergreens in the distance and the cool greens along the shore. 

This photograph does not do the picture justice. I usually take photographs of my watercolors during the daylight but was unable to do that in this instance. The artificial light is not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment