Sunday, March 25, 2018

Along the Shore

(C) 2018 Dale DiMauro

Last week I revisited this watercolor, which was started in the fall. I knew it needed more work, but was not clear on what direction I was going to go with it. One year ago I do not think I could have painted this watercolor to the degree in which it has come thus far.

Usually, I work on several watercolors at a time. This way I do not usually get stuck on any one painting. Depending on the time I have available and how inspired I am, I can work on a big painting or proceed with a smaller one.

Throughout the winter I have been utilizing more browns from my palette. Some of them may be more on the red side than brown. The reddish brown in the grass is burnt sienna while the water has quite a bit of burnt umber and raw sienna.

For some season, to me, these browns project a warm and calming affect. In addition, they make the landscape appear more naturalistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment