Thursday, July 18, 2019

Ashuelot River

(C) 2019 Photograph Dale DiMauro

Vermont is a beautiful place to live. Sometimes I lose track of this. Particularly, when the demands on my time are great. As a result, it is important to get outside and embrace the natural world. Fortunately, I can take a hike and access this wonder quite readily. It can be even more rewarding to paddle through an abundance of greenery and see wildlife first hand.

After a busy Spring, work wise, I am back to watercolor painting both in the studio and out in the landscape. I took this photograph last month, from the bow of my kayak, while paddling on the Ashuelot River in Keene, NH.

I have noticed the transformation of the foliage around us from the yellows of Spring to the heavier blue/greens of Summer. In retrospect, it is good to reflect on the natural world which we live within. Particularly, as the seasons change so rapidly, at least here in Vermont.

It was not until this afternoon when I realized I had failed to write and publish a post on Wednesday. So this is it.


No comments:

Post a Comment