Wednesday, July 24, 2019

New table for plein air painting

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

Yesterday, I happened upon a table suitable for plein air painting. Or at least for my needs. I was downtown in our local sporting goods store where they stock portable folding tables and chairs intended for the outdoors. This one is aluminum, thus very light and quite handsome, I must add. Including sales tax it cost under forty dollars. 

It beats perusing a mail order catalog or online where you are not quite sure what you are purchasing until it arrives at your door. The employee I met was knowledgeable about its assembly and the various settings to utilize. So I am quite pleased with this purchase.

The last two paint outings have been frustrating with regards to holding my brushes, palette, water container, etc. Most of the time outside I find an easel is not necessary. With this table I am convinced it is convenient to paint sitting down or standing. It is a good feeling to be able to put things down and change your position from time to time. Also, the setup is simple and quick, which is key when working outside. The wind or rain can come your direction in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment