Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Plein Air Painting

   C) 2020 Dale DiMauro

On Monday I was fortunate in joining the Saxton's River Art Group for one of their scheduled plein air gatherings. I had not painted outside with a group this year largely due to Covid 19 and other work conflicts. Needless to say it was a meaningful outing.

We met at Alyson's Orchard in Walpole, NH at 9:30 AM. By then the sun and humidity were increasing but I was able to secure a spot under a canopy of shade looking out into one of the orchards. 

This watercolor was done entirely on site. Overall, I feel good about this picture. The one area where I wanted more resolution was the contour of the field beyond the road which drops before reaching that first apple tree.

The quality of the light and fresh coloring of the landscape appeals to me. Even the treatment and warmth to the sky were reminiscent of the atmospheric qualities that morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment