Wednesday, August 12, 2020

This is a summer if ever for paddling....

                                                                             (C) 2020 Dale DiMauro


This summer seems to be as hot as any in New England that I can recall. I have had to rearrange my work schedule to stay out of the heat as much as possible. Early mornings have been a mandatory start time with a mid-day hiatus to replenish my fluids and change clothing.

Local swimming is not often easily accessible if time is limited. The threat of COVID-19 makes it even more of a hassle. 

However, gliding on the water in my kayak has been quite rewarding. Fortunately, we have a diverse array of water bodies at our disposal. Somerset Reservoir in southern Vermont is one such place I like to paddle. 

Also, it gives me subject matter to paint. The color blue itself makes me feel refreshed.


No comments:

Post a Comment