Sunday, January 29, 2023

BURNT SIENNA & BURNT UMBER

                                                                                       (C) 2023 Dale DiMauro
 

Last evening I was watching the PBS lineup on Saturday night with my wife which included Father Brown and Death in Paradise. Then we migrated over and watched the current episode of Saturday Night Live.

As the evening progressed I kept thinking what would happen if I mixed the pigments burnt sienna and burnt umber. I certainly have combined the two in the past but I was curious what I could do with the mixture. 

So just before bed and after brushing my teeth I put this wash down. I made this landscape as I was mixing more of the pairing. It totally absorbed all my consciousness and I figured I would put it down and revisit the image in the morning.

I have not had time to add anything to this painting but it clearly is a local snow scene with the natural woodland in the background. Sometimes less is more, particularly when it comes to direct painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment