Sunday, January 22, 2023

PAINTINGS & BOXES ETC.

                                                                                      C) 2023 Dale DiMauro
 

This winter I have been building small objects out of wood. In general, I love working with wood. However, with the mild temperatures and minimal snow I found I could comfortably work in my garage.

While I paint often outside during the warmer months I use reference photographs when I paint in the studio during the winter. Often I end up with 4" x 6" photos spread out on my table which can be a nuisance when doing other work in my studio. So I had been meaning a to build a little photograph holder for these pictures which was easier to access. 

I came up with this little box. The ends have cutouts so I can easily lift out the photos when I need to. Also, I built a longer, narrow box which holds pencils. It always feels good to work with my hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment