Wednesday, March 1, 2023

LOCAL FIELD

                                                                                       (C) 2023 Dale DiMauro
 

The thought of a sunny late summer day after shoveling snow for days is really appealing to me. This is the upper field at the Brattleboro Retreat in Vermont.

I have always admired how the foreground foliage frames the field and the light and shadows etc. Ironically, one would expect to run in to people from time to time in such a great space but seldom do I cross the path with others up their.

For some time I had been meaning to capture the field in watercolor with it's feathery foreground foliage. Clearly, many greens were created but in the foreground I experimented with mixes of sepia and burnt sienna.

This was painted on a 12" x 16" Arches (cold press)watercolor block.

No comments:

Post a Comment