Sunday, March 5, 2023

NEW LANDSCAPE OVER UNFINISHED LANDSCAPE

                                                                                       (C) 2023 Dale DiMauro

To advance in watercolor you need to go in directions you can not anticipate. Sometimes taking a workshop can expose you to techniques that will open your eyes. Other times exploring different subject matter may change your perspective.

I am proud of the direction this watercolor has taken. Originally, I was experimenting by painting a sky with some yellows and horizontal cloud shapes. However, it looked dark and unimaginative. So this watercolor sat on my table for some time.

Recently, it occurred to me I could paint a different landscape over this watercolor. It is far from done but I am inspired to carry forth. Actually, I am painting a summer scene of the local retreat meadows onto this watercolor. 

This dark sky has become a welcome addition as this has a dramatic setting and it pushes me to paint more value in to my sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment