Sunday, March 26, 2023

New Color Combination

                                                                                                (C) Dale DiMauro
 

Discovering new color combinations and imagining how I would put them to use is an endless fascination. We have such strong associations with color going back to childhood that it can move you in ways you can't fathom. For instance, this coloring reminds me of attending a wedding reception in Boulder, Co., in late summer, when the drought turned the foliage and earth to a similar hue.

The pairing of red cadmium and burnt umber gives you a western or dry feel that is distinct from all the greens I normally experience or paint. To me this pairing is more of an earth color than I thought.

The backdrop of orangey-red makes the browns come forward. I particularly like the reflection along the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment