Sunday, May 14, 2023

Plein Air

                                                                              (C)2023 Dale DiMauro
 

This is one of my first plein air paintings I have done outside so far. It was both rewarding and a challenge.

I painted this while perched on the outdoor Shakespeare stage in Living Memorial Park. I was facing toward the woods out of the sun yet eliminated aspects the landscape in order to make a greater composition and to simplify my painting experience.

Painting outside you have to be willing to simplify your approach as time is limited and the light and scene will change on you.

As I left to go home the damp lawn slid out from under me as I took an unexpected tumble. I got up a bit stunned but had no real injuries so I walked it off.

Lately, for some reason I have not been able to import recent photographs of watercolors. I am still adapting to this new computer and the applications are confusing and I am yet to master the photo cropping software.

No comments:

Post a Comment