Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Jorge Ramos

(C) 2015 Dale DiMauro of photograph by
Sebastian Kim for Time

This is a twenty minute sketch I did late one evening earlier this week which my wife particularly liked. On occasion, I purchase a magazine such as Time or Newsweek from a newsstand both to read the articles and draw the faces, as a way to improve my drawing skills and sharpen my observation abilities. The above drawing is of Jorge Ramos a news anchor from Mexico, who has gained a reputation for shepherding Hispanic rights.

I have become fond of Cretacolor fine art pencils sold in art stores. In this case I used an HB pencil which enables me to attain a wide range of marks without any smearing. I think I did capture the directness of his expression. Sometimes a quick little sketch says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment