Sunday, June 19, 2016

Early Summer Paddle

(C) 2016 Dale DiMauro

Recently, I went on a paddle with folks from the Brattleboro Outing Club. We paddled on Lowell Lake in Londonderry, Vermont on a cloudy morning. The inspiration for this picture comes from the clouds, stillness of the water and green foliage from the local landscape.

Clearly, I have just begun this watercolor, however, I do like the cloud in the middle of the sky so far. The cloud has dimension, yet I like the shadow as it sits over the distant ridge. When the dark middle ground evergreens are put in, this picture will come to life. 

In the last year I believe my sky's have improved as they have become more diversified in color and content. My judgement as far as how far to go with developing the sky without overdoing it, has evolved. Hopefully, I will continue to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment