Sunday, January 7, 2018

Cold weather portrait

(C) 2017 Dale DiMauro

With this prolonged extreme cold weather, it is challenging to settle back into a painting routine. Over this time period, I have done more drawing than painting. Last night in Brattleboro, VT, the temperature reached sixteen below, so it has been best to stay inside, as advised.

Earlier this week I walked down town with the biting wind. With a majority of the sidewalks un- passable it was a challenge. Nonetheless, I picked up this little drawing pad, of textured paper, before I left downtown. 

I like the waffle-like texture of the paper and trying to manipulate it's qualities with my pencil. This drawing was inspired by a photograph in STAND an ACLU publication which arrived recently. I drew this last night while watching a detective show.

No comments:

Post a Comment