Sunday, January 28, 2018

Self-portrait

(C) 2017 Dale DiMauro

This watercolor was started as a study of my face and hands for a larger composition. Originally, I sought to grab a sheet of watercolor paper and start developing the face so that it had dimension. I was not necessarily looking to develop this watercolor into a completed painting. However, I am inspired to carry it farther. There is a lot of peacock blue in this painting which seems to complement the skin tone. In my hands I am opening a small chip bag.

Since the New Year I have been studying human anatomy and filling up sketchbooks with drawings  of the body, with it's various proportions. To convey some of the numerous postures of people and the body in motion is an exciting development, which will hopefully, enrich my paintings.

The photograph did not come out as intended. Perhaps, tomorrow during the daylight hours I will post an upgraded photograph. In the meantime I may do more on the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment