Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Little Landscapes

(C) 2018 Dale DiMauro


This little landscape is one of those quick little paintings that I love to work on. These are experimental with different pigments dropped in without much fuzzing around. On these paintings I do not even lay out the framework in pencil, it is all done with the brush. There are times when an incomplete wash is more effective with dry brush effects.

These watercolors I approach with plein air techniques while done in the studio. The paper is pre-wet with a water bottle, while tilting the paper, I manipulate the pigment to run as I see fit.

This scene is a short walk from our house, on Brattleboro Retreat property. The sky and shadow patterns are usually quite captivating, yet dramatic in scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment