Sunday, February 24, 2019

Adding Vehicles into Watercolors

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

Many artists include vehicles in their paintings. In particular, I like the work of Joseph Zbukvic. His watercolors, which feature vehicles, have an integrated quality to the overall composition.

Recently, I have been struggling in selecting vehicles to consider for painting. Some of the challenges are based on weather I do a side view or back orientation. Also, one can paint a vehicle in perspective, which offers more depth, with added detail. At this point, if I add a vehicle I intend it not to be the sole focal point.

This watercolor drawing is an attempt to get something down quickly, without too much fussing around. In this case, there was not much consideration regarding composition. However, I do like the shadows and atmospheric qualities in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment