Sunday, February 17, 2019

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: A Life

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro watercolor

Earlier this winter, I read a biography of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. This book, Ruth Bader Ginsburg: A Life by Jane Sherron De Hart, is some five hundred and fifty pages long. It had been classified a new acquisition by my local public library. As a result, I had to get reading because the library loan was limited.

Originally, I was curious because Ginsburg has become a legend in the public's eye and well-respected in the legal field. It is well documented that Ginsburg was a minority in a men's field. Her thorough research and precise writing in legal briefs has yielded significant advances towards reducing discrimination. The book highlights Ginsburg's remarkable achievements in the field of law. She has inspired many and become a sort of superhero, the Notorious RBG. 

Recently, in my sketchbook I have been applying watercolor washes over my pencil drawings of individuals. It seems to give life and dimension to the person. This watercolor drawing is derived from the photograph of RBG, as she is known, on the back of the book. I hope it does some justice to the Supreme Court justice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment