Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Drawing Automobiles

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

In a recent post I mentioned I was trying to get better at depicting the human figure. Conveying the correct proportions is critical along with getting the essence of the human posture. 

Also, I am trying to get better at depicting automobiles. Sometimes it is important to exaggerate the characteristics of different automobiles and pick-up trucks to better understand their differences. I have a ways to go, but the fountain pen has helped me become more fluid with my vehicle drawings.

Down the road I hope to be able to portray a vehicle in my watercolors when it seems appropriate, without too much trouble. Using a sketchbook is vital in developing these skills without the pressure of failing.

No comments:

Post a Comment