Sunday, April 7, 2019

Field of Dreams

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

After completing my taxes and some yard work it is exciting to get back to painting. Every time I paint I seem to learn something. Sometimes it is simply learning new color combinations or as in this instance, seeing things a little clearer.

I started this watercolor last fall but was unimpressed with the foreground. The ruts in the field I believe are an important part of the composition. They seem like graphic marks which draw you into the landscape. They create a sense of depth and richness in combination with the umbers and ochres. As a result this landscape has become much warmer in tone, which I appreciate. 

It is important to paint freely at times with no expectations. You can learn new techniques or simply leave certain areas alone. Inspiration can take you places you can not anticipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment