Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Connecticut River(boat landing)

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

With this phenomenal sunny weather we our experiencing, I am trying to get out as much as I can to plein air paint. The tinge of color on the foliage tells me the leaves will be falling soon. In fact, in some places it is already on the ground.

In my mind I try to envision where the sun will be, in determining where I want to paint. Earlier this week I chose an early morning site where I could face west across the Connecticut River. If it had rising mist all the better. Nevertheless, a lovely location.

I started out focusing on the river as the subject until I noticed the sun warming the log in front of all this vibrant growth. The overall light conveyed across the scene I find quite welcoming. I spent a little over an hour on this piece. At that point I did not want to overwork the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment