Sunday, September 15, 2019

Landscape doodle

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro


It's always fun to play with paint. Any little piece of watercolor paper at hand is all you need. I learn something each time I play with paint, paper and brushes.

This imaginary landscape is the result of having some unplanned time in my schedule prior to an appointment. It's amazing what happens when you let colors blend into each on the paper with a little manipulation. Over time I have learned to appreciate using warm and cool pigments and how affective their placement can be. 

At times when painting I feel like I am in a 'zone'. This is when a picture moves along freely without any hesitations. You can just feel the painting come together after visualizing where you want to go with it. This is an exciting time because it feels like a growth spurt. Since it is recorded on paper you can go back and see where you were at that time and learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment