Sunday, September 22, 2019

Fabriano Artistico(soft press)

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro


Recently, I started painting on Fabriano Artistico paper. In particular, I like their soft press paper which is between a hot and cold press in texture. It does not seem to look all that special in your hand but when you drag the brush across the paper you can get this rich gradation of color. I do not have much experience with this paper but I continue to experiment with it so there is much to be learned.

This is a similar scene from a recent post. Since I have started a self-portrait on a larger scale I want to get more comfortable with this newer paper. So here I was seeing what I could do with this paper. Not bad as far as I am concerned.

As a side note, blue is the color I use the most and therefore have to replace more frequently than any other. Some form of blue was mixed or applied in all the colorings in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment