Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Taking A Stroll Down a Country Road........

(C) 2020 Dale DiMauro

During this COVID-19 pandemic it is important to be outside inhaling fresh air and getting some steps in. I have come to appreciate the lifestyle we live and the resources that we can utilize which less fortunate people cannot.

The subject of this painting is derived from a walk I occasionally take with my wife. She often asks which route I want to take when going on a walk. Since it is clearly mid-summer with high humidity and high temperatures a walk with shade, lovely vistas and a forgiving road surface are my preference.

I suppose this watercolor is of a lovely summer day in Vermont, which it indeed is. The color of the road drew my attention with all the greenery around it. The light in the distance and the shadows in the foreground were just as appealing.

It is always a great challenge to come up with a color which either matches what your eye sees or what you want to see. Particularly, when you are using a limited palette or out of a certain pigment in that instance. However, I believe the driving force for creating this watercolor is the warmth of colors found out in nature.




No comments:

Post a Comment