Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Blackwing Palomino Sketch Pencil

                                                                (C) 2020 Dale DiMauro
 

This summer I discovered the Blackwing Palomino sketch pencil. However, I am not sure where I first learned of them. I did read that noted watercolorist Thomas W. Schaller, in an article, in Plein Air Magazine uses them.

When I was traveling, in Montpelier, Vt, during the summer, the local art store had them and I was eager to sample some. They provide a smooth stroke which I noticed when I first drew with them.

If you love to draw, experimenting with new materials is alway something I look forward to. I believe trying out new approaches and media pushes an artists development.

Since the summer I learned that these pencils were popular in the past with artists working on two dimensional animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment