Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Color Swatches

                                                                  (C) 2020 Dale DiMauro
 

Color is everything to painters. It is sort of a vocabulary to draw upon. And the better your vocabulary, the greater the resource you have to reference.

I have a notebook of color swatches which I add to periodically. Once I hear of a new or different color combination I record the swatch down for future use.

This is my latest addition. The one on the top is a light, warm gray created by mixing cobalt blue and burnt sienna. The one on the bottom resembles a light skin tone. This one was created by combining aureolin yellow and rose madder genuine.

Over time with practice I have noticed my washes have improved with a cleaner application and less fussing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment