Thursday, July 15, 2021

After the Storm

                                                                                      (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Using or leaving the white of the paper can be an effective strategy in your watercolor painting process. Also, it is great to not cover every inch of your paper every time you paint with pigments. The white of the paper can give you distinct edges reminiscent of patterns on the surface of a body of water. In addition, you can retain greater depth in your picture with less layers of paint in various areas.

Often I combine permanent alizarin crimson with ultramarine blue lower in the horizon which provides some warmth to the lower sky. On the other hand vibrant greens I associate with the landscape after a spring rain.

I used the photograph editing tool on my computer to remove a smear of brown paint from the sky. I can't believe how effective this function is. This is the first time I ever used it on a larger area.

No comments:

Post a Comment