Wednesday, January 26, 2022

More Experimenting

                                                                                       (C) 2022 Dale DiMauro
 

Colors dominate our life in one form or another. Whether it is slick advertising on television or a greenhouse full of spring bulbs bursting forth. 

It can be challenging to determine if a color can stand on it's own. Also, it is a challenge to mix and arrive at a color you intend on.

In the evening I often jot down color combinations which seem intriguing or I select combinations I have zero experience with. Along the way I am able to expand my knowledge of my palette and become greater able to draw upon this information down the road.

The vibrant orange on the bottom is the result of combining quinacridone gold with permanent brown(a Daniel Smith pigment). Above, the base wash under the vegetation is the product of permanent brown and raw sienna.

These color combination give life to the paper which appeals to me. Also, they make the white of the paper come forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment