Sunday, January 2, 2022

Watercolor Doodle

                                                                            (D) 2022 Dale DiMauro
 

Cerulean Blue has been a pigment I have avoided for a while. I like how it granulates and makes a lovely blue sky. However, my cerulean blue, I believe, has become contaminated over time with other pigments in it's well. I really like this blue best on it's own, unmixed. 

These little landscape doodles are great because the pigment flows and there really is no holding back, painting-wise. I like the rich pigmentation and warmth of color. Quinacridone gold has become a must have pigment for my palette. I use it for mixing all kinds of greens such as the ground surface here.

Finally, before I forget, a Happy New Year to everyone! May 2022 become a much better year than 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment