Sunday, January 9, 2022

Winter 2022(so far)

                                                                           (C) 2022 Dale DiMauro
 

This imaginary watercolor scene reminds me of the local outing club. That is the Brattleboro Outing Club which has been maintaining cross-country ski and snowshoe trails for the public, for years. Also, they offer instruction for school groups in the area, encouraging kids and adults to embrace all that winter has to offer.

However, this winter seems more challenging than most, partly due to COVID and in part to the unpredictable winter weather we are having. Will it rain, snow, sleet, ice over and melt in the next seventy-two hours? Well, there is good chance that several of those conditions will materialize.

With this kind of winter, when I leave the house I not only include several mask options but find myself preparing for the moment and the chance that when I return home it may be totally different outside. Thus, I include a hooded parka, sunglasses, gloves, hat, ice grippy's for my feet, a small fabric to clean the fog and moisture off my glasses, etc.

This watercolor was painted primarily with three colors: ultramarine blue, burnt sienna and payne's gray. With a razor I lifted some color to suggest birch trees in the distant woodland edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment