Sunday, June 23, 2024

West River Trail

                                                                                  (C)2024 Dale DiMauro
 

Taking a walk often leads to subjects to paint. At least since Covid-19 that is. A large part of the population is still recovering from the pandemic at least financially. So finding an individual to paint is hard to come by. 

I had been struggling to paint a full sheet watercolor. Well, today I managed to finish this landscape painting in my studio. What I like about this composition is that it is very simple and required little pre-painting layout. This enabled me just to paint - but on a large scale.

I used all kinds of techniques on this picture. I used dry on wet, wet on wet, lifting, dry brush and even put my atomizer to good  use. It feels great to look at a large-scale painting as it draws you into the landscape more so, than a smaller picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment