Sunday, September 8, 2024

Blue Landscape

                                                                                    (C) 2024 Dale DiMauro
 

Painting the landscape doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming. Particularly, once you have developed some techniques and can tweak the pigments to your benefit.

I am fascinated with watercolorists who can paint a picture in a few washes. This is something I increasingly think about when preparing to paint. This painting so far has just one wash - blue. However, I did lift some of the blue to reveal the clouds in the sky and thus, reflections on the water. Just with this one wash you can begin to see the main elements of the landscape.

This landscape was inspired by a hike I took around Goose Pond in Keene, NH, this spring, with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment