Sunday, October 13, 2024

Maine Landscape

                                                                                          (C) 2024 Dale DiMauro
 

Experimenting in watercolor is key to progressing with the medium. Along the way you learn techniques that can be advantageous to use when the situation arrises. 

For example, I have been adding a dark mixture at the base of vegetation to provide a substance to the root of the growth. Some of this can be seen along the far shoreline where shadows provide more interest.

Also, at the bottom of the picture, below the water, I used my atomizer to spatter dark value along the shore which offers a little movement in the air, too.

These developments in my painting practice get my juices my flowing. Also, they keep me inspired to paint and challenge myself to greater heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment