Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Need you ask?

(C) 2016 Dale DiMauro


This drawing started out as a little doodle of President Obama's eyes and eyebrows, which are distinct. I was tired from a long day working outside and thought I would nod off before long. The current presidential campaign season, as we know, was in full swing on television when it dawned on me how Barack Obama has truly fallen into the background of our daily political discourse.

We had a visitor to the house earlier today who was struck by the drawing, so I figured why not post our current two-term president who is so different from any other person who has occupied the oval office.

I like the overall feel of the drawing even though I may have depicted President Obama face as slimmer than it actually is. Obama's eyes looks out yet reveal much inward expression. Is he reflecting on past decisions or is there another heavy crisis looming?

No comments:

Post a Comment