Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Great Blue Heron

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

Recently, I have not had time to paint watercolors. However, I did get my first paddle in today. The three other paddlers I was with were able to get quite close to this Great blue heron, even though he was well camouflaged amongst the brush. In addition, we saw quite a few red-wing black birds.

Tully Lake in Royalston, MA is a lovely body of water to paddle. It even has an impressive waterfall. It is best to go during the week as the weekend attracts too much boat activity.

On a down note, I was paddling in the middle of the lake when a sizable C-130 military cargo plane roared over me at a low level. It was so low and noisy I thought it might crash or hit me. It was literally one hundred feet or so above the surface of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment