Sunday, June 16, 2019

Living Memorial Park

(C) 2019 Dale DiMauro

For those who paint, it's plein air season here in Vermont. For now, the snow and ice are long gone. The variety of green foliage in the plant kingdom is bewildering. Lately, the landscape has become quite lush with growth.

There was a group from the Saxton's River Art Guild meeting for a plein air event. Since I had to leave early to go to work I painted on my own. This is a modified view from the stone bleachers which look over one of the softball fields. As I was leaving a woman pulled up in her car and took out her gear and headed toward a lower vantage point from the same stone bleachers.

You might think I used one tube of green for this watercolor. Actually, I do not have any green at all on this particular palette. I used many blues, yellows and burnt sienna for this picture. I like the fresh quality to this painting. Oh and I had an hour and one half to paint what I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment