Wednesday, June 26, 2019

June in Vermont

(C) 2019 Photograph Dale DiMauro

This spring in southern Vermont has often been overcast and wet. These cloudy and cooler conditions have amplified the richness of greens emerging in the landscape. On a recent paddle these yellowish-greens above the water looked stunning. They added a vibrancy to the landscape.

This color or experience inspired me to purchase a tube of green paint called Azo Green which I had not heard of before. To me the color on the tube was a microcosm of the green I saw out in the landscape. I figure it was time to stretch the palette a little with this color in mind. It is amazing how a color just like a smell can carry associations over time.

I have had a lot of work this spring forcing my painting to lapse at times. However, in my travels I see colors more clear than I have ever seen before. Hopefully, this will lead to greater watercolors fueled by a stronger vision.


No comments:

Post a Comment