Monday, February 22, 2021

My Indoor/Outdoor Easel(For oil or watercolor)

                                                                 (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Recently I have developed a desire to do some oil painting. What appeals to me is painting with a palette knife. The hard yet flexible edge of a palette knife can provide an artist with both a found and lost edge in one swoop. You can achieve a textural quality along the way on canvas which is appealing to me, too.

This easel or porchade box I basically earned through the health care provider I have through my wife's employer. They have all these incentives to encourage members to live a healthy lifestyle. The check I got nearly covered the cost of this. It folds down nice enough to fit in a basic shoulder bag. 

So going into Winter I was hoping to put this portability to use. However, I didn't anticipate the entire town would be shut down due to COVID-19 and then for as long as it has been. Originally, I thought I could set it up in any of the local libraries or cafe's and work on a small painting. 

Every time I look at this easel it reminds me of the frustration. I know I will get much satisfaction out of using this easel but for now it is on hold as so much of our lives are. Nevertheless, it is well constructed and nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment